Thursday, February 17, 2011

Card Happenings

Well lately I've been busy working away at my desk; but homework gets boring after about 4 hours so here are some cards that I have made using some of the pieces of Stampin' UP!'s Sale-a-Bration set "So Happy for You." 
I've been working a lot lately on creating sets of cards for those in my network who love handmade cards, but don't want to make them, even as part of a kit. One of these people is my mother. A wonderful lady who humors me and my stamping but would rather buy than make, which works out nicely for me.
 
The first card in the set is done with the clover (as it wishes the recipient good luck) and Dazzling Diamonds on one of the clovers.
 This next card I used clear embossing powder to highlight the one star. I kept it's tails as I wanted it to appear special. I liked how this card and the good luck one are both gender neutral, sometimes it's hard for me not to make pretty feminine cards.
 On this card I chose the flower stamp and the Birthday Wishes greeting from the set; again I used Dazzling Diamonds to highlight the far right flower. (All of the embellished pieces are on the far right)
 
Here is a photo of the whole set of Six. There are two each of the three designs. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Supplies:
     Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers, So Happy for You (sale-a-bration FREE set)
     Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
     Paper: Olive, Vanilla, Newsprint
     Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Heat Tool, Mat pack, paper piercing tool, sponges, Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment